Feketeegyház is a settlement first mentioned in a charter in 1465 as part of the Maróti estate. Later, King Matthias donated it to Miklós Belmosevics. The village survived after the Battle of Mohács in 1526. It is located along the Krivaja stream, on the southern extension of the Telecskai plateau, in the central part of Bácska. In 1580 and 1590, it was mentioned with 28 taxable houses, but under the name Feketehegy (Black Hill).
Later, there was a population exchange, and in 1652, the village was recorded in Turkish defters as Feketics. Due to being on the route of military campaigns, it became depopulated and turned into a deserted land under the possession of the Kúla estate.