One of the oldest buildings of Jászszentlászló, maintained in its original style, is in Jókai Mór Street.
The house was built at the turn of the century, some time around 1900 by Julianna Győrök and Ferenc Tápai.
The family resettled in Szent László Puszta around 1860 from Jászjákóhalma in the Jászság region. The head of the family, István Győrök was the chief justice of the village during the First World War.
Situated in the former outskirts, the peasant-bourgeois-style farm building is interesting because it differs from typical popular architectural norms while also carrying the architectural features characteristic of the countryside with an emerging middle class. At the time of its construction, the house was considered a dominant and modern building with an air of authority. The former farm had three separate buildings: the main building, the servants’ house and the barn.
Visitors first enter the porch with four pillars. The large size and layout of the porch itself was a sign of the social status and financial standing of the family living there. Walking in, there is the kitchen, the main room of the building. On the left, there is a room with the furnace and, next to it, the so-called clean room. The house had a bathroom, too, with an entrance from the kitchen. To the left from the porch, there is a smaller kitchen with a pantry, and to the right, a granary and the cellar steps. The rooms of the building are large and spacious compared to other village houses, which is evidently a sign of bourgeois culture.