Since the Roman Empire, the region has been inhabited by Illyrian peoples. During the time of the Hungarian conquest, the ancestors did not settle in the area of the present-day village. In the medieval period, it is likely that the region was inhabited by Kun people, whom King Béla IV resettled in the country after the Mongol invasion. The name of the settlement raises an interesting question, as it was probably called Szentlászló (Saint Ladislaus), as it is mentioned in the Turkish defters (tax records) in 1570.
The village was destroyed during the Turkish retreat in 1526. After 1541, in the depopulated area between the Danube and Tisza rivers, the territory of the old settlements was used for grazing by traders from larger cities.