The settlement and its surroundings have been inhabited since very early stages of human history, as evidenced by archaeological findings. However, the town was mentioned as a fixed location with its name for the first time in a document issued in 1436. During the Turkish period, the settlement was destroyed and became uninhabited. In 1702, the German Order of Knights acquired the region of Kiskunság and started the resettlement of the area.
During this time, the colonization of Üllés Puszta began, but its inhabitants abandoned it in 1743, and most of the population moved to Majsa. In 1745, the so-called “redemption” took place, allowing the locals to obtain not only the right to use the land but also its ownership. After this, the economy of the settlement began to flourish.