Szank, according to the first known written record, was already a settlement with a church called “Zank szállása” in 1451. During the heyday of Jászság, the territory was rented by Kunszentmiklós. After the era of vast grasslands (puszta), slow settlement began in the 1800s. The original population (100-120 families) gradually became a minority compared to the newcomers from Szeged, Kiskunfélegyháza, Kiskunhalas, and Kistelek.
The development of its economy was marked by the construction of a paved road to Kiskunmajsa and the completion of a gas and oil exploration project within the village’s boundaries in 1964, which was a significant turning point in the life of the village.