– The Flavour of Tradition – has been inviting visitors for 20 years with a wide selection of wines and pálinka (Hungarian fruit brandy). The family estate of Gáspár Lódi not only offers insight into the operation of the farm but also provides a range of preserved meat, vegetable, and fruit products.
In addition, educational and cultural programmes are organized by Ákos Hajvert, a teacher and Radnóti Prize-winning reciter, and Andrea Hajvert Lódi, a drama educator.
Experience our wines (up to 40 people):
- Wine tasting
- Pálinka tour
- Wine dinners
Become part of the farm’s activities:
- Winter pig slaughter (up to 20 people)
- Tour of the rural poultry yard (roosters, hens, guinea fowl, turkeys, ducks, geese) and livestock (pigs, mangalica pigs, sheep)
- Fruit harvest
- Traditional Hungarian countryside feasts
- Border exploration with a tractor
- Visiting the kitchen garden in spring and summer
Educational and cultural programmes:
- Winery presentation
- Making traditional pastries
- Displaying old and modern farm and field equipment
- Poetry and folk music programs
- Drama pedagogy workshops
- Preserved meat products, including mangalica pork: ham, bacon, winter salami, sausages, loin, shoulder
- Traditional and diabetic-friendly fruit products: jams, preserves, syrups, pickles made from Feketicsi sour cherries, raspberries, strawberries, plums, etc.
- Pickled vegetables: fermented cucumbers, mixed pickles, barrel-fermented sauerkraut
Over the years, various groups have visited the Lódi family estate, including representatives from the Hungarian Embassy in Belgrade, led by Ambassador Dr. Attila Pintér, Káva Cultural Workshop from Budapest, Fajkusz Orchestra from Sopron, and Cifra Workshop from Écs. The General School of the Herman Ottó Knowledge Center in Budapest is also a returning guest.